Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cedele cakes

Gula Melaka Cake
Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake
fries and mini fish fillets from Burger Bench and Bar
I realise Mondays arent so painful with wonderful lunches or dinners to look forward to. The past 2 Monday lunches I've eaten with Chong and today really lookin forward to the movie with Kels (though was looking forward to a Spa Sunday lol). Mondays are usu early but with O back, and G rounding at 7pm it ended really late (and Iv in the scopes.......) and I only managed to meet Kels at Cedele (B1, Takashimaya) at 830pm ish, before our movie started. She was in two minds about Megaminds vs Red and she chose the latter eventually...

Parked at Wisma and eventually crawled to Taka - to a really empty Cedele. Was dying to try the Gula Melaka cake and also realised that the Sea salt caramel cheesecake (a special feature for the longest time ald) was still around. Will wanna try the dark chocolate truffle cake some other time.

The gula melaka cake is really like layers of pandan chiffon with kaya in between, and a gula melaka cream and coconut bits gloving the cake. Kels could smell the cake from a mile away but I couldn't. I felt like I was eating a kaya swiss roll but Kels insisted I should try the Rich and Good version which is ultra dense. Cant wait to try it soon.
On the other hand, the sea salt caramel cheesecake's is really really good. The sea salt totally brings out the flavour from the cheesecake - the caramel's lovely too. And Kels loves it too, its a really neat cake for her.

We walked over to Cineleisure looking for something salty. Sorry I spoilt your icecream fun with our sugar overload from Cedele !! Was craving for something salty post cakes so we ended at Burger Bench and Bar for fries and mini fish fillets. Nothing too spectacular except that I discovered another 2 more burgers to try : the green curry catfish burger and the omelette beef burger. After all those savouries I felt like eating a burger but we had to rush off to the movie at 935pm (which started at 945pm). Red was completely full - its a sadist flick;lotsa explosions and dry humour and action and gore which I guess is the male equivalent of a chick flick. I guess now I know how guys feel when they sit thru chick flicks ;P

No comments: