Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fika (Millenia Walk)

Last weekend off at team 2 before I'm off to cts.. A quiet slow simple one amidst 2 exploding birthday gatherings ( not as if we were not celebrating too !) after a night at tbc and night fest and the afternoon of fiddling with the cello and it's new buddy the tuner (thanks j !)

Herring for starters, not as salty as I last remembered it to be.. The biscuits were like a cross bred with a form of rye.

The seafood and ribs platter were massive. You can choose between the cream, tomato or aglio based and we chose the latter, for the seafood platter. Fish, scallops, prawns , mussels, squid and crayfish lie on a bed of pasta.

Ribs were tender and doused in BBQ sauce and presented on a wooden platter with mash and salad.

The above reminds me of the trend towards communal dining and sharing platters a la disgruntled chef or one Rochester.. Guess I will check out platters at club street soon!

Also had the open faced fika style sandwich with shrimp, roe and scallop , served with salad. This was their cold sandwich and they had hot options s well..

This is my second visit to Fika but first at the millennia walk branch.. I think I was reminiscing about my 21st at a now defunct Scandinavian restaurant here at millennia walk!

And I always have to remind myself about the insane parking surcharges whenever comex is being held..

No comments: