Friday, November 8, 2013

Violet oons kitchen

Celebrated jas birthday here on a Wednesday, two days after the actual, at Violet oons kitchen (Bukit Timah Road). Modern take on peranakan cuisine - think pasta and pizza with a twist. She still does serve the traditional dishes like the ayam buah keluak and curry chicken.
My favorite tahu goreng in a longitudinal presentation. I think I do miss eating teloh goreng!
Meatless meatballs- prob my favorite of the night 
Curry chicken with jala - the latter being a stringy potato pancake. Curry was über thick and lemak mmm.
Pita bread with chilli crab dip and ayam buah keluak dip. My favorite part was prob just the bread ( which I dipped in the curry)

Tapioca cake - über good with gula Melaka.
Bread and butter pudding with whiskey - not my cup of tea but the girls seemed to like it.

Nice drizzly night having dinner with loved ones, bliss ! Happy birthday jas!

No comments: